Saturday, July 11, 2009

Reunion Weekend

Welp, its Saturday morning and that means I survived the first night of my 20 year reunion weekend.

Was it nerve racking? Yes it was. And the crazy thing is that last night was the informal mixer thing. Tonight is the actual reunion. Also, I keep in touch with many of my high school friends. Erin, Kira, Lorena, Jen and Linnea are friends I talk with regularly. They were all there last night - in fact we went together. Some of us see each other more often than others, but we all keep in touch.
Last night:

Twenty years ago:

So why was last night such an intimidating experience? For me it was a lot of things, but it was all rooted in fear. First and foremost, I was afraid people would judge me: judge me by how I look and act and compare that to the person I was in high school. It was a weird feeling going into a room where most of the people there only knew me as a teenager. My four years in high school were not my best years and thankfully Im not that same person anymore. And yet... that is our connection. Its a pretty strange set up when you think about it. Thankfully it turned out good. I think many of us were feeling the same nervousness and it ended up being just fine.

Tonight=reunion. I think I can handle this. :)

Happy Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. you can totally handle this!!!
    i love that photo of all of you-so funny to compare the old and the new. did you figure out what you were wearing? i saw on FB you were going jeans. yay! :)
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im wearing jeans and feeling very comfortable. My hair is flipping out though. Such is life.
    Thanks T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you had a great reunion...:)

    ReplyDelete