Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Great Outdoors


Summer brings glorious, warm weather. What better place to eat meals then outside, right?

I believe this was Seamus' thinking when he suggested on Monday night that we eat in our back yard. I was busy making dinner and didnt recall hearing his suggestion. In fact, I went ahead and had Finn set the table thinking we'd be eating inside as we always do. As Matt was taking the food off the barbecue and I was bringing food to the table, Seamus exclaimed "I thought we were eating outside!"

In Casa McGarvey we dont have a patio or outside area to eat. In fact, we dont even have a table and chairs - a fact we are hoping to change soon. But Matt and I looked at each other and agreed it would be a nice change. After all, it was nicer outside then it was in our house. So what if we dont have a table or a designated area to eat. Instead, we got our beach chairs and sat together in the lawn with our meal. It was quick meal , but a nice one.

Maybe next time we'll eat picnic style: on a piece of fabric directly on the lawn. I think that would be kind of cool.

Happy Thursday. :)

1 comment:

  1. eating outside is my favorite. we dont have a table either. we just sit like you did OR put a blanket down on the grass.
    :)
    tw

    you can get a cheap wood picnic table at home depot for around 75 bucks. that would look cute on your porch.

    ReplyDelete