Thursday, September 17, 2009

You Fill My Heart With Gladness...

You know those lyrics from the Van Morrison song that say "You fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness. You ease my troubles that what you do." That is my Finn.

He brings such sweet, quiet joy to my day. He's not a grand person and is almost always overshadowed by his more charismatic brother. Finn is rarely ever boastful or demanding of my time and attention. He's sooooo under the radar. FInn will do dozens of little things everyday that make me so grateful he's in my life. He is such a sweet boy to me, but unfortunately not many others get to experience his gentle charm.

A couple days ago I snapped the above photo of him sitting on the floor coloring. One minute he was doing science homework and the next he was back in his room busy on something. He was at it for about 20 minutes - quietly coloring and deep in thought. Finn never said a word until he was done. Then, he came out to the front room to show me his masterpiece.

Could you just die? I love kid artwork, but especially love it when its MY kid's artwork. His drawing is so adorable with its wobbly writing and scribbled coloring. I could tell he was very proud of his work so I gave him a folder to keep it in. He's had that folder by his bedside for two days.

I swear, my Finner is as sweet as tupulo honey. I LOVE HIM!
Happy Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. i Love this - maybe we have a botanist on our hands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, that drawing is killing me too.
    i have to scan some of anna's recent art. i gave her a notebook and she goes to town before bed with a black or blue pen. so much detail-i fall in love with every single one.

    that first shot with his chin on his knee is really really special lis.
    xo

    ReplyDelete