Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Second Day of School Picture

Its been a long day at school. Im exhausted and could seriously use a nap right now.
But I had to share our 2nd day of school picture.

Its not the best picture they've ever taken, but it will do for now. I may try again tomorrow. You wont believe it, but this picture almost didnt happen too! Check this out: I asked the boys to go outside for a picture and when they did they found a headless bird dead on the side of our deck. I think it was a mourning dove, but it may have been something else. Im glad it wanst a crow. Those suckers are big and seeing one decapitated in our yard would have totally scared me too. Both boys were pretty freaked out by it. It was a gnarly sight. There were feathers all over the place like there was a struggle. Seamus was a tiny bit curious, but mostly freaked. Finn wanted to quickly get back inside. I too was feeling a little weirded out by it so I snapped a couple pictures in a rush.

Im thinking tomorrow will be better. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Lisa ... apparantly there is a lot of wildlife in your yard!! ;) I would have been so grossed by a decapitated bird!!
    -shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the look of enthusiasm from Seamus. He is so growing up and has that almost teen thing going. Sorry about the bird - You might have a possum out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH GOD! I didnt think of a possum. I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF POSSUMS!!!!

    No joke, Shelley. I never really thought about it but you're right. I live on a virtual wildlife preserve. ha ha

    ReplyDelete