Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mariachi El Bronx - Me Gusta!


I was in the car today and I heard a story on NPR about this band: Mariachi El Bronx. I only heard the last minute or two of the interview but I was intrigued and decided to check them out on itunes. Im so glad I did. I LOVE IT!!! If you like mariachi music, you'll enjoy this album.

A little background: The Bronx is an LA based punk band that decided they wanted to learn how to play mariachi music. The guys educated themselves on the genre and learned how to play the traditional instruments. Then, they made an album. I love traditional mariachi music. Love love love! But this album is interesting because its traditional mariachi music sung in English. FANTASTICO!

I highly recommend. Its fun fun fun! Here's a picture of the guys:

Viva Mariachi el Bronx! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment