Friday, September 11, 2009

TGIF!

I can not believe its Friday already. Since school started two weeks ago, my days have been flooding into each other. Weve had birthdays (I have to post about that soon,) doctor appointments, school, speech, soccer, etc. I havent found my bearings yet. To be honest, its been a tad overwhelming. Ive been spending all my free time at the kids' school helping out in the office. There is so much work to be done at the beginning of the year. Im looking forward to getting my two days off a week. That hasnt happened yet, but Im looking forward to it.

However...

-The kids are doing great with school. They seem motivated and the response coming back from their teachers at this time is positive. That is huge! I realize that sharing this info might be very premature. Typically, the problems start to come through October and November, but Im going to enjoy this while it lasts. It feels good to celebrate their accomplishments.

-The Steelers won their home opener against Tennessee last night. Happy husband, happy household. :) Nuff said.

- We have lots of soccer coming at us this weekend; games on both Saturday and Sunday. So far Seamus is juggling both school and soccer well. Im proud of him.

-Also, Matt is having his celebratory "wet down" this weekend. A "wet down" is when a Marine throws a party for his friends upon promotion. If anyone wants to come celebrate with us on Saturday at Del Mar Beach on Camp Pendleton, you are all welcomed. He's a little stressed about buying food and drink etc, but Im going to be helping him out some today. Costco here I come.

- September 11th. Our flag pole thing has not been up for over a year. I like to believe it was blown down in a storm a couple years ago, but in actuality I think the kids might have hung on the flag therefore tearing the pole out of the wood. Nice. ;) Yesterday I went out and got a new pole, flag and thingy to put it into the house. My wonderful husband got it up during half time last night. Feels good to have the flag up today. I'll never forget that day 8 years ago. Seems crazy how time has passed so fast.

Im leaving you with a picture I got of the kids this morning. I love how handsome they look in their full dress uniform. They were so well behaved this morning. THey got up great, ate their breakfast and got dressed quickly without any disagreements or stall tactics. I wish every morning was like today. I had so much extra time that I was able to snap a couple pictures before school. Very cool.

Happy Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Great picture! Hope your mornings continue to go smoothly. Good luck with the "wet down" - wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Picture - Funny seeing Finn dressed so formal - makes him look all grown up.

    ReplyDelete