Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Hope You Had the Time of Your Life


This post is delayed, but I didnt want to miss sharing some memories and pictures of Seamus' 11th birthday on 9.3.09. My boy had an epic day at Disneyland thanks to his grandma, Dama Teri. It was her idea to get the entire family together and spend the day in Anaheim. We had a blast! There was laughter and fun and song and sun all day long. It was the type of birthday you see in movies - not experience in real life. Im fairly confident Seamus experienced the apex of birthday celebrations this year. Im happy to report he was very grateful.

My entire family went to celebrate: Mom, Dad, Miranda, Jennifer, Barry, Eli, Abbey and the four of us. I couldn't remember the last time my dad went with us to Disneyland and it was super cool having him there. There were no lines. Zero. Zip. None. I have been to Disneyland more times than I can count and I have never in my entire life gone on so many rides in one Disneyland outing. We did them all: Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Its a Small Word, Submarine, Autopia, Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones, etc. etc. etc. We literally walked right on to Space Mountain... twice! The weather was very hot and humid-ish, but it didnt damper our spirit. We shouldered on from ride to ride for 12 hours. TWELVE HOURS, PEOPLE! It was a marathon day to say the least.

At the end of the night, we were standing on Main Street watching the late night fireworks. It was a moving moment: the fireworks were climaxing over the castle and ticket tape confetti blasted off around us. Seamus tuned to both me and my mom and proclaimed "This was the best birthday of my entire life!" I have no doubt he was speaking from the heart. It was an unforgettable day.

Here are some photos of the day. Note: I didnt take my camera. I wanted to enjoy the day and not be stuck behind a camera lens the entire time. Matt took his point and shoot camera so some of these are from his camera and some are from my sister's.

Me, Finn and Dama Teri on the Nemo submarine ride:

Miranda and Seamus waiting to get on Big Thunder Mountain:

Group shot of the kids, my sisters and Dama Teri:

Mom and Dad holding hands on Main Street. Awwwww!

Seamus and Finn after the fireworks and ticket tape confetti:

Dama Teri and Seamus at the end of "the best birthday evah!"


Happy Tuesday!

1 comment: