Saturday, March 7, 2009

Put Me In Coach... Im Ready to Play!



Seamus officially started baseball season a week ago and Im just getting around to posting about it. His team is young this year, but the coach is great and Matt has been helping out a lot. I love seeing Matt out there. I know it means a lot to Seamus and I think Matt enjoys it quite a lot too. When Matt worked in San Diego, he was lucky to get to the games on time. There was no chance of him helping out with coaching. The commute was too much. But now that he's based here in Vista, he's able to spend more time with Seamus on the field. Its pretty cool.



Today the boys played the Cubs and they lost. I had to scorekeep today up in the booth - a first for me. I hadnt done that since high school, but it came back quickly. This team reminds me a lot of Shea's team last year. They're starting off slow; 1-3. But Seamus is enjoying himself and I think he's improved some this year. He's playing infield more than he ever has and he even has some pitching under his belt.

Here's hoping for a good season. :)



If you're wondering, Seamus the second from the left in that last photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment