Saturday, March 14, 2009

Im So Excited... and I Just Cant Hide It!



Guess what came in this box earlier today?
No... not the kid. I already own him. hee hee
A brand new, functioning dishwasher!
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I have been without a dishwasher for months now. Recently I was getting quite grumpy about it. I grew up washing dishes for my family so its not like I cant do it. I did it for years - every single night. I am no stranger to washing dishes. But when I was living at home, I rarely did dishes alone. Jennifer did them with me and when she didnt, my dad did.
In Casa McGarvey, I have been doing all the dishes by myself. Every stinking one. Day after day. Month after month. Actually thats not true; Matt has helped every so often, but the boys have been useless. Our family of four does not eat out multiple times a week. We eat breakfast and most dinners home. I make the boys lunch each day. There are always dishes in our sink and, frankly, doing them all myself had become a serious drag.
But today I have someone to help me out again. His name is Whirlpool.
Im soooo excited!

edited: Matt read this and he said I made him sound like he's lazy. Matt is anything by lazy. The idea of that is laughable. To set the record straight, Matt and I have an agreement: I do kitchen duty, he does laundry. Matt totally helps out with dishes from time to time, but our agreement absolves us from having to do each others job. Matt does not do the dishes because I do not do laundry. And let me tell you, I am soooooo glad I dont have to do laundry.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got a new dishwasher. Now Matt needs to teach the boys how to put their dishes in when they are done eating. And he can do his at the same time. That way you only have to clean up after "Mama"

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we know matt is not lazy. jeff doesnt do dishes either, except for sometimes. but he does other stuff i hate, it works.

    SO HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU NO LONGER HAVE DISHPAN HANDS.

    ReplyDelete