Saturday, December 12, 2009

List Yourself

Sorry I havent updated lately. Just the normal, everyday stuff getting the best of me. Here's a quick update:

- I put a new banner up. Its a picture from our Palomar Mountain hike.
- Its been raining a lot. The weekend is kind of bummer when its accompanied by rain. That being said, I sleep so well when it rains. I dont know why, but I do.
-Christmas preparations are in full swing here. Seamus and I decorated the tree this week. Our tree has been up for a couple weeks, but we hadnt gotten the ornaments down. Can I just say that I LOVE seeing all our ornaments? I think they may be one of my most favorite things about Christmas. I especially love the ones the boys and I have made together and the ones they have made in school. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.
-Today we picked out Dama Teri and Papa's Christmas tree. It was raining, but that didnt damper our fun. I think the kids had more fun running around and hiding in the tree lot than actually decorating the tree. Jen and I did most of the decorating.
-Matt is pretty much over the Steeler loss on Thursday. That was rough. Joe came over to watch with Matt and Im super thankful because I think Matt kept his temper and ugly behavior relatively subdued. When Matt's alone with us, he tends to throw big temper tantrums when the Steeler lose, but with Joe here he kept it to a minimum. Phew!
- I finally bought the first Christmas gift of the season: presents for the kids teachers.

Today's List Yourself question is coming from Seamus. On page 69 and it reads "What are the things you can not live without." Here is Seamus' response:
-house
-food
-water
-air
-Mama and Dadoo and maybe Finn (those are his words exactly.)
It was obvious Seamus was thinking of the essentials so I asked to list off some luxury items that he doesnt want to live without. Here is his response:
-videogames
-computer
-school
-tv
Yeah. School. He actually said school before tv.
I prompted him once more and said something like "You wouldnt want to live without school? Really? How come?'
His response: "Its fun."
Wow. :)

Happy Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow is right! I would never had expected school to be of the answers. The other things are right on and reading this makes me think of my list. Guess it might need some improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Matt with a temper and ugly behavior - I can't imagine!
    2. Does Seamus have a Girlfriend at school?

    ReplyDelete