Tuesday, December 15, 2009

All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth


With Finn's birthday being so close to Christmas, I tend to have a hard time getting his gifts. He usually gets what he wants for his birthday and while Legos and Bakugan are always an option, I aim to give him something unexpected and cool. Its not an easy task. Seamus is very vocal about the things he wants for Christmas. I have long list of his gift possibilities. Finn's Christmas wishes have always been more elusive.

Today after school Finn was doing his homework and I thought I overheard him talking about what he really wants for Christmas. I only caught the last part so I interrupted him and asked "What did you just say? Is there something you really want, Finn? Tell me. What is it?"

His reply: snow.

Oh, sheesh! That doesnt help at all! In fact, it makes things worse. I looked Finn straight in the eye and unequivocally told him that it does not snow here. In our kind of climate, its pretty much impossible.

His reply: "I know, Mama. Im not going to ask Santa. Im going to start praying every night to God instead. "

God help me!


Happy Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Road trip to the snow!!! I'm pretty sure God isn't going to give us any in Vista so maybe we should take him to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about the pressures of a birthday close to Christmas. Mine is two days before, and my husband's is the day after. Sheesh! We're at the point now where, honestly, we prefer to go and DO SOMETHING to celebrate, rather than get gifts.

    Here's hoping Finn can find a way to get some snow this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching an Oprah where a family rented a snow blower for a kids birthday party. Of course, that family was on the show for being stupid with their money, but still...

    ReplyDelete