Monday, December 14, 2009

Did I Mention We have Lots of Birthdays During the Holiday Season?


I seriously lucked out when it came to inheriting a mother in law. Im pretty sure Barb is the best. She raised Matt as a single parent and that alone endears her to my heart. But she's actually pretty amazing beyond just raising my most favorite man in the world.

-She is an amazing grandmother who gives an incredible amount of time and exibits an endless amount of patience with our boys. Barb (also known as Dama Shan) has been flying out to see Seamus and Finn about twice a year since they were born. For a woman who has always lived 100s of miles away, my boys know her extremely well. They adore her. We all adore her.

-Barb is tirelessly helpful. I never have to ask for anything; Barb anticipates what I need and she does it. I honestly feel like she is the most selfless person I know. She makes giving look effortless. Its one of her many gifts.

-Barb has a knack for sharing things about herself and her life that I find incredibly inspirational. She has faced a lot of adversity in her life. She has lost loved ones. She has faced judgement from friends and family. But Barb keeps moving forward and she doesn't get mired down by life's hardships. She is a survivor.

- In particular, I enjoy hearing about Barb's stories on motherhood. Raising my sons has not come easily to me, but talking to Barb about it makes me feel less alone. She makes me feel like we all experience hardships, and in the end everything works out.

-Barb is really open minded. She's a go with the flow kind of person. I need more people like that in my life.

In a world where mother in laws often get a bad rep, my mother in law shines. I am extremely lucky to have Barb in my life. :)

Love you, Barb! You are THE BEST!

Happy Monday.

3 comments:

  1. You know she was going on and on about this picture but then when she read what you wrote she couldn't even seem to gripe anymore. You left her speechless? Thanks!
    Love Ya
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so lucky that my wife and my Mom get along so well. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing person your mother-in-law Barb is ! Everyone needs amazing people like her in their lives. You are so blessed and so is your family, Lisa, to have her in your life.

    Danielle in Canada, who sometimes have time to actually read blogs and yours is one of my favorites although I've never commented before now. I have been a fan of your scrapbooking pages for years !

    ReplyDelete