Monday, January 5, 2009

We Are Not In Kansas Anymore.


This year, my parents gave us the gift of a winter vacation. Instead of giving their children and grandchildren traditional gifts, they rented a house at Lake Tahoe and we all stayed a week up there together. There were thirteen of us: my mom and dad; my sister Miranda and her friend Tiffany; my sister Jennifer, her husband Barry and their kids Abbey and Elijah; and us - the four mcgarveys and my mother in law Barb. It was so much fun. Let me repeat myself for dramatic effect: IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!


Previous to this trip, I had never stayed in the snow for any long period of time. I have driven up to the snow before - like for a couple of hours with the kids. I have seen snow fall in Pennsylvania and Ive driven through snow (as a passenger) in Colorado. But Ive never stayed in snow and Ive never done snow type activities. While we stayed in Tahoe, we did it all: sledding, ice skating, snowball fights, snowmobiling and most of all SKIING. I never knew winter activities could be so fun.


More Tahoe pictures to come...

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see more pics. Love Y'all!

    ReplyDelete