Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad



Just a quick shout out to my dad on his special day.

He looks grumpy in this picture, but I assure you he's not. He's very mild mannered and even tempered; very "go with the flow." His personality suits his home life well. After all, he has shared the majority of his years with 4 very vocal, independent, but sometimes crazy women. Thats no cake walk when you're the only man in the house. His secret: dad has totally mastered the art of staying out of the drama.

That's not to say he's perfect. His humor can be cutting and he enjoys taking a joke far beyond what anyone would consider funny. Dad thinks he's invincible and often acts obstinately in taking care of simple things - things like sunblock. As "go with the flow" as he naturally is, he's definitely got a stubborn streak. Its been presenting itself more prominently in his retirement years. But you know, I can appreciate that. He has always demonstrated patience with us. I can surely give some of that patience back to him now.

This quick shout out turned longer than I had planned. What can I say? I like to hear myself talk. ;)

So anyway....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I love you. I hope you have many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment