Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Son Has Mad Skills!



Look at my son. Gooooooo Finn! He might not like athletics, but he has some talent. That's a nice looking vertical jump.

Something you might not know about this picture: Seamus had a head and mandible of a decaying dolphin in that bag he's holding. Pretty gnarly, eh? It was gross... and creepy... and stinky. While Matt and I were unpacking things for our night at the cottage, the boys took off to the beach. Del Mar is a wide beach and there werent many people around so we didnt worry too much. After maybe 5 minutes they both came running back saying that they found a skull near the ocean. Hmmm. I didnt believe them. I figured they were mistaking a skull for something else, but I went with them anyway to see what they were talking about. Low and behold it was true: there was a skull and mandible of a dolphin on the beach. I told them it kind of looked like an alien. The eye sockets were strangely placed on the skull. That kind of freaked them out. That fact that it was clearly the remains of a living creature didnt phase them a bit, but an alien skull apparently did. Seamus wanted to keep it. I told him no, but I did scoop it up into the bag so we could show Matt. I dont think he was impressed.

6 comments:

  1. trying again to comment! lets hope this works. :)
    love the pic, love the story, cant believe we missed out on that stinky thing! tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! anon is the way to go i guess! :) t

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a jump! I am loving this blog and getting to hear so much about the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture Lise! Have fun at the cottage, sounds dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of mad skills...maybe you can get a pic of Finner doing his seal move.

    ReplyDelete