Thursday, May 21, 2009

I could watch this video over and over and over again.


The first time I saw this video, I emailed my sister Miranda and told her that I wanted her to be a music teacher of an elementary school. She is a drama girl -she has been singing and acting and dancing since she was a small child. She has a beautiful voice and she knows all the technical stuff where voice and music is concerned. You know what she told me? She told me no. Can you believe that? I was shocked! If I had the skill to teach children to sing like this, you coudlnt stop me from making it a career.

When I see this video it stirs up all sorts of emotion in me. I dont know why. When I hear those children's voices in harmony I feel very uplifted and it moves me to tears. I think the kids have just as much to do with my emotion as the actual music. Seeing them getting all into it, closing their eyes and rocking back and forth, totally gets to me. Does it do that to anyone else? Maybe it just feels good to see children loving music - loving it like I do. Im not a singer. I do not have a good voice AT ALL, but I love to sing. Its true. My kids can tell you: I sing all the time. It makes me feel alive.

I wish my own boys got music education like these kids do at PS22. Lucky kids.

4 comments:

  1. you do have a great voice lisa.
    ive seen this vid before-did you link me to it?
    makes me cry too. :)
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears and goosebumps!!! Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome!
    Made me teary-eyed & gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete