Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sweet, Wonderful You... You Make me Happy with the Things You Do.

This beautiful boy had an excellent day at school today.

Seamus goes to "homework club" after school because he doesnt do his homework and/or turn it in. Its the practical consequence for the poor grades he earned last period. They were horrible, so now he goes to homework club every single day. He asked me recently if I could stay after school to check if homework club was necessary. You see, sometimes Shea will get his homework done in class, but if Im not there top pick him up he must go to homework club anyway. This is really upsetting to him. So today, I was waiting after school to see if he had homework when his teacher came out of the classroom.

Mrs. Skraby told me Shea finished all his homework in class, but that he needed to redo some of it because it was too messy. She asked if I could wait 10 minutes until he was finished and I said I would. Then she handed Seamus the work and told him to go inside and do it neatly.

As soon as he was in the classroom Mrs Skraby looked at me and exclaimed "Lisa... he was fantastic today. He stayed in his seat the entire day!"

It goes without saying that I was positively thrilled. I was beaming.

1 comment: