Thursday, March 4, 2010

Me Gusta! - Mrs. Meyers Handsoap in Lemon Verbena Scent


Last year I got to spend some time up in the Central Coast with my lifelong friend, Scarano. She had me and a few of our friends come up and stay with her for a wonderful girls weekend in Santa Maria. Scarano (who's name is actually Jennifer Scarano, but Ive always referred to her as Scarano) has the type of home I love. Its small and comfy. Its got great windows and lots of light. She painted all the rooms in different, vibrant colors. Her guest room is a deep blue and when you sleep in it, it feels like you're sleeping under a midnight sky. Her backyard is also awesome with a wonderful, intimate patio area off the back door. Since Ive left, Scarano has turned her front yard into a "hippie garden." She grows all sorts of organic veggies and fruits out there for the entire neighborhood to view. Her home exudes unique personality.

While I was at Scarano's last Spring, she had a certain type of handsoap in her bathroom: Mrs Meyers CleanDay Liquid Handsoap. I fell in love with the scent immediately. For more than a year, I have casually kept a look out for the Lemon Verbena variety in the various stores I regularly frequent. Vons. Trader Joes. Frazier Farms, etc. Then, last week I was in Target and found the handsoap. SCORE! Target has carried Mrs. Meyers products for a while, but I had never found the Lemon Verbena handsoap among the aisles. When I saw the soap, I quickly bought two bottles and when I brought it home I was positively gleeful to find that scent back on my hands.

Lately, I find excuses to go in the kitchen and wash my hands. The smell is so beautiful to me.

Happy Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE lemon verbena. I get to immerse myself in the scent daily as I recently switched to Trader Joe's Lemon Verdana bar soap. Although, I still miss their glycerin hand soap. That little soap bottle was used for everything in our house. I even used it as a face wash. Was highly disappointed when it was discontinued. Waaa.

    Gotta try out Mrs Meyers Lemon Verdena. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it Cristina. You'll like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lemon verbena reminds me of laura ingalls and little house on the prairie....so glad i'm planning on visiting a target this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete