Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Me Gusta! - Molly, McGee and Max.

Yesterday after school, Seamus told me about a web cam that his class watched regarding an owl named Molly. I listened with distracted attention. He spoke about watching the owl with eat and care for her baby. It sounded like something Seamus would be enthusiastic about. He's such a science kid. I, on the other hand, am totally NOT a science person. I nodded as he spoke and acted interested, but in actuality I wasnt.

Once Matt got home, Seamus brought up the webcam on the computer. It is sooooo cooool, you guys! I was hooked almost immediately and spent the rest of the evening watching Molly and her baby, Max. A little bit of info: the webcam is a live feed from an owl house in San Marcos - a neighboring town to ours. Along with the live feed is live audio so you can hear the owls talk to each other and learn about what they're doing by the sounds they make. Molly is the mama owl; McGee is the dad owl; and Max is the baby. Molly has several eggs she's sitting on so the owners of the webcam anticipate more babies in the coming days. Right now, if you check out the webcam its mostly the Molly show. She rarely leaves the nest. Several times a day you can see the baby, Max and very occassionally McGee flies in with some food. Its fascinating to watch... at least to me.

Here is the website/live feed if you're interested: http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox
And here are some pictures of the boys watching Molly and Max yesterday evening. When I took the last picture in the sequence, I said "Hey boys, look here so I can take a family picture of you guys with Molly and Max." Finn though the idea was hilarious, but Seamus took it very seriously - hence the wonderful smile.

Happy Tuesday.

2 comments: