Monday, October 26, 2009

I Know I'll Go Crazy If I Dont Go Crazy Tonight


Im dead tired today because I stayed up way past my bedtime watching a U2 concert last night. Did I drive to Pasadena's Rose Bowl to see them? No, I didnt. I wanted to. I wanted to get tickets badly, but they sold out in like 2 minutes! I mentioned more than once this weekend that Matt and I needed to drive up to Pasadena and buy some tickets from a scalper, but thankfully we didnt have to. U2 decided last week to stream their final California concert live on youtube and the four McGarveys were ready. Matt got everything ready so we could watch it on the tv and we allowed the kids stay up past their bedtime to watch the beginning of the concert. They saw the first 7 songs; Matt saw the first two hours; I saw the entire concert. It was awesome! U2 is probably my favorite music group so watching U2 together - live but in the privacy of our living room - is a memory I will not soon forget. A couple highlights were when Magnificent came on and Finn danced all over the living room. Seamus was mortified by his crazy dancing, but I secretly loved it. Another time, all four of us sat on the couch singing the lyrics to "I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For." At the time I thought to myself "Im going to remember this moment." It was very special for me hearing all four of us singing the same lyrics, by heart, together.

A friend just told me that U2 is going to be coming back to Cali in 2010. Im going to make the vow now: I will be there. I may be there with Matt. I may be there with the boys. It would AWESOME to see them live together. But with or without my boys, I will be there.

Im leaving you with a picture I took last night while we were waiting for the concert to start. I took it with the timer.



Goodnight, sweet prince. :)

5 comments:

  1. lisa...we are big BIG U2 fans at our house and this year after my husband and i saw them (4th time) in chicago we decided our kids HAD to see a concert. we searched ebay for weeks and finally got cheap tickets and took 4 of our 5 kids to the Oklahoma City concert! they thought it was the coolest thing in the whole world. and it was! singing with my kids...rocking out. it was awesome!
    i like hearing about other families that U2 like ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Meg you are so lucky!
    I really wanted to get tickets badly, but I didnt get on the phone once they went on sale. I thought (stupidly) that I could do it at my leisure and I totally missed out. The three days they were here in SoCal I was so bummed out cause I knew they were here and we werent able to see them. Seeing them on itunes was cool though. Im grateful we could do that.
    I really want the boys to see them live. They have heard their music their entire life and know quite a lot of their songs. When we watched the concert from home, I could tell they were surprised that they knew so many songs. I acutally said to Seamus "Dude... you are a fan. Look at you singing all these songs!"
    You give me hope, Meg. I must take the family. I must I must I must! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too! But sad to say I'm the only one in my family that does. I'm kicking myself now when they came to Hawaii and I could of saw them then and go back stage (we had a cousin that did the backstage roadie thing)....they really are my all time favorite band...if you go Lisa..let me know...I want to tag along!! I swear i do!!!

    ellie (i'm posting anonomously because somehow this format doesn't let me post from typepad, my acct and I'm too lazy to figure it out)

    by the way...are you coming to craft night at Cristinas the weekend of Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Ellie. For some reason its difficult to post on my blog. When I see a comment I think "Damn... that person must have really gone through some hoops to get on this blog. Cool." ;)
    If we go, I'll let you know. Im pretty sure the tix arent going on sale for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And nope... I cant go this month. We have some soccer stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete