Thursday, October 22, 2009

Can You Read My Mind?

There are so many little things buzzing around in my head this morning. Lists of things to be done. Lists of things I need to buy. Lists of things that need to be fixed, etc. Ideas flutter into my head in the strangest places too - while Im in the car; while Im in the shower; as Im filing papers at the school. Its hard sometimes for me to prioritize what is necessary stuff (dishes being loaded; grocery shopping; making lunch; planning dinner) and what can be put off for another day ( making latest playlist; sending cards; writing minutes for MMM; writing blog posts.) Here' a glimpse of what Ive been thinking of today:

- I really want to buy that huge map print at Ikea. Ive had my eye on it for a while and I think it will look perfect on the wall behind the computer. Alas.... its $200. I know its canvas and its really large, but Im going to have a hard time convincing Matt to buy it when its that much. Maybe if I go down to the grocery store and unload a bunch of the change from our change container I'll have 1/4 of what is needed to buy it. Its a start right?

-Ive been drinking a lot of iced tea lately. Feels good to be off diet coke for going on 9 months. While drinking iced tea is good, buying it from Carls Jr. daily isnt. $2.17 x 7 days a week = too much money for me to be spending.

-I have no idea what Im going to make for dinner tonight. Im going to take my cookbooks to school and pick up groceries on the way home. Planning dinner is the one daily chore I consistently dread. Ironically, I think planning/making dinner was the one daily chore that my mom enjoyed when I was growing up. Strange.

-I hate my cat. I had to pick up so much damn hair off the couch today. Its so gross. Makes me grumpy to even think of that cat.

-Im contemplating putting an entry in for our school's chili cookoff in November. I most likely wont, but the idea of entering is tantalizing. I cant quite figure out why. I dont even like chili, but I got a recipe recently and its got the wheels in my head turning.

- My sister Jennifer came over last night to pick me up for our MMM meeting. We had just finished eating dinner and she expressed shock (and doubt??) that we eat at the table for dinner. The kids were doing homework on the floor because there were still dishes on the table and upon seeing the mess she said "Do you guys eat at the table? I thought you ate at the counter." Nope. We at the dinner table. See picture below.

Usually Im sitting where Dama Shan is sitting, but I think I was going to WW the night I took these pictures so I was eating later.

- I gotta figure out what lucky family member gets to take to and from my dentist appt tomorrow. Any takers?

Ok... thats it from me.
Happy Thursday. :)

6 comments:

  1. Get Matt to agree that anything you save on tea can go for the map and then go buy a Mr Coffee Ice Tea Maker - you'll have your map in no time and still have your tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE iced tea as well. You know what I did in order to save a bit of money on it? Go buy one of those 2-3 gallon jugs with the dispenser spigot, I got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 40% off coupon and just brew a huge batch. Actually I don't even boil the water. I drop in a couple of the large tea bags, fill it up and put it outside in the sun. Take out the bags and plop it in the fridge. It lasts me several days. So yummy! And sooo much better than soda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way. During my day my mind is ON all the time thinking of what I should be doing, what I keeep putting off. I usually think of amazing blog posts while I'm running...Then promptly forget them when it's time to post. Argh!

    Hey, I have some clothes for the boys. What size are they in? Let me know if you want them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just like you, and I have switched over to getting Iced Tea too! :)
    I mostly drink water, but at fast food now I get iced tea.

    I also want that map print. I also don't want to spend $200. :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem spending money on the map. The problem is that we have no place for it! Now I know why Lisa wanted me to read this one so badly.

    ReplyDelete