Friday, October 16, 2009

And I Wanna Sleep With You In The Desert Tonight

Ive been packing for the past 24 hours. Pretty soon, we'll be off to Joshua Tree! Almost everything is ready. Water - check. Food - check. Music -check. Matt and our friend Jonathan went "advance party" yesterday. Everything is ready for our arrival. Tents - check. Sleeping bags - check. Misc. camping gear - check. Although I love camping at J Tree, Im more excited then usual. First off, its gonna be hot. Ive never camped in Jtree when it was hot. We always bring jeans and hoodies and long sleeve shirts, but this weekend its all about shorts and sunblock. This is totally a first. Primarily, though, I think Im excited because family and friends are joining us this time. Barb flew out from Texas specifically to go camping. Im so happy she's here. My brother in law Barry and my nephew Eli are joining us. Barry is a total desert guy, but Im pretty sure this is Eli's first overnighter in J Tree. And our friends, the Cuynos, are doing their first Joshua Tree camping trip with us too. Even though we've been camping out there for years, the idea of going with other people is really exciting.

In the spirit of Joshua Tree, I thought I would share some random J Tree pics of our family camping in years past. Note the third picture down - that is my baby Finn in the foreground. When I saw that picture I squealed. He looks so tiny!
Anyhoo, happy Friday.



















3 comments:

  1. The mickey mouse jacket that Finn is wearing in a couple of pics in the middle is now the fav jacket of Miss Gianna. She loves mickey! She saw the jacket when I was unpacking clothes for this winter, and that was it. She has to have it now. She is so cute, I think she would claim it as her blankey if I would let her! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are going to look back at these times with the fondest memories! We'd go camping every single summer. We'd go to Sequoia. Kings Canyon, Carlsbad Cavarns, Crystal Lake, you name it. I love and cherish those memoires to no end. I remember something from almost each and every trip. From find secret water holes to getting lost on trails. Your boys are very lucky indeed. Have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete