Friday, February 13, 2009

Wednesday is Snow Day.



This past weekend Palomar Mountain was full of snow. Usually when it rains here, it snows up there. When you exit the St Francis parking lot and drive towards home, you can see the snow on the mountains. There was a lot of it up there earlier this week. On Monday I told the kids I thought we should go up to Palomar before the snow melted. Of course, they were totally game. Our plan as to leave school on Wednesday, grab a bite to eat and quickly jet up to the snow. We've done this once before and it was a cool treat.

It took us about 1hour and 20 minutes to get up there and we got about 1 hour and 40 minutes of day light before it got dark. It seems like a frivolous thing to do considering the drive, but to the kids its totally worth it. They love the snow. I think Tahoe has made them even more excited to play in it. We took the sled from Tahoe and the boy's rubber band guns up with us. For once we had all the snow gear needed: jackets, hats, gloves, thermals. Seamus of course wouldnt wear much of it. He's too manly for a hat or a turtleneck. ha ha I actually forgot my jacket at home and Im by far the one who needs it most. Im naturally a cold person. It can be 65 degrees out side and I'll still be cold.



All in all it was a good time. The kids sledded some but mostly they just roamed around in the snow. At one point I was holding the sled and asked if they were done with it. I figured I would put it in the car or let some other kids use it if they were done. Seamus' repsonse was, "Yeah, we're done for now. We want to explore, Mama. Boys need to explore." I agree with that statement 100%. :)

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh SO FUN we want to go with you guys up to the snow!
    love that shot of shea alone and the gun and the trees.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. so totally cool Lisa!! I'm loving Finner's coat! What a hipster!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa that first shot is SOOOO dang good. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete