Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday


Its a big day today.

Matt and I usually go to the same mass each Sunday. Today, however, we had to split up so that the kids could participate in the first day of Catholic School's Week (at 9am mass) and Matt could do his RCIA thing (at 10:45 mass.) When we got home Matt was gone, but evidence of his industrious pre game preparations was everywhere.

Evidence #1



I usually have a quilt hung on that wall, but Matt had replaced it with a Steelers poncho that we bought in Pureto Vallarta. It actually fits quite nicely.

Evidence #2



The Star Wars clone has been hanging around for a few weeks. He's the last survivor from our last Super Bowl championship in '05. This morning the clone was joined by the official Myron Cope Terrible Towel.

Other preparations that I didnt get a picture of were Matt's Polamalu jersey tenderly laid out for a quick after church turnaround and a printed out sign that reads "This is Our Nation" downloaded from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. The sign made me smile. Its obvious to me that Matt wants my dad to understand that even though he was invited to watch the game today at our house, he better not start trash talking the Steelers once the game is on.

The boys are ready:



Im ready:



And did I mention that we own this as of Friday?:



Yes its true. We own a kegarator. After 13 years, I finally acquiesced and gave my blessing for Matt to go out and buy the thing of his dreams. He is very happy. Very very very happy. Im still a little horrified, but I love to see him happy so, it is what it is. If anyone reading this ever wants a cold draft of Stone, our house is the place. You are always welcome.

So... I think we're about ready. There's only one thing left to say:

HERE WE GO STEELERS... HERE WE GO!

3 comments:

  1. Guess all the early prep paid off. Wow what a game! We had a party in Marie's memory and invited several people. We ended up with 3 Cardinal fans - I ended up outside smoking watching the game through the window instead of punching them! But they ate crow when the game was over so it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics. What a game! But Mom was wrong - they ate Cardinal not Crow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still cannot express how relieve i am for your family that the pulled this mother out!

    WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete