Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lemonade out of Lemons


I have been wanting to take this picture down off our wall and get it saved on our computer for years. Its of Papa Larry, Seamus and Dama Shan holding baby Finn. I took this picture at Kris's old house in Texas. It was taken with film (before digital) and I have no idea where the hard copy or negatives are. Last night, Seamus accidently ripped it off the wall during a tantrum. When it slammed to the floor, he immediately started crying "Im sorry... Im sorry." I was so mad at the time.

This morning I saw the broken frame and photo sitting on the counter where I had put it after it fell. It took less than 2 minutes for me scan it in and save it onto our computer. I have literally been wanting to do that for years.

I wonder how long it would have taken me archive it had Seamus not tore it off the wall during his fit last night? Its so interesting how the world works. Everything happens for a reason...even the bad stuff.

Happy Sunday everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Damn you made me cry again!
    That has always been one of my favorites too and now I have a copy - this digital stuff is wonderful!
    Please give all your boys hugs from me and a little extra thanks to Seamus for motivating you in his very own Seamus way!
    Love Y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved this picture. Larry loved those boys so much and I enjoy looking at it. Maybe he knocked Seamus on the head so he would bring it to our attention again! Stranger things have happened!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that shot is AWESOME!!!! I'm so glad you have it scanned now! SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete