Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Love this:


This is my kitchen window as seen from the backyard.

Outside our back door we have what I believe it is a trumpet vine. It was pretty much dead when we moved in, but it has grown slowly in the 11 years since we've occupied this house. This summer, the vine took off and began growing around the window. Ive tried to figure out what has provoked this wonderful growth, but I cant find a reason. Regardless, Im absolutely in love with the plant's progress! Inside and directly under that window is our kitchen sink. That kitchen window is "Mama's guard post." Its the place where, 8 our of 10 times, my kids can see or find me almost any time of the day. I have spent countless hours standing in front of that window watching the kids play while simultaneously washing dishes or preparing meals. I am positive that in several years when the kids are grown and the house is quiet, there will be a worn out place on the floor where I stood watch at that window for so many years.

This summer has been so wonderful because when I look outside, I dont just see the kids and their friends; Im greeted also with green leaves and pinkish/lavender flowers. Believe me when I say I am overwhelmingly grateful. That plant has given me such a wonderful and unexpected gift. :)

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment