Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stop... Its Too Late... Im Getting Frustrated.


image from etsy.com

There is a Spoon song that says "Stop... its too late... Im getting frustrated." That song totally describes me regarding this #*&!@ computer today.

Some back story: A few weeks ago, we lost all my photos on the external hard drive. Yes. You heard that right. We're talking about 10s of thousands of photos. Vanished. Poof. Years of our family history gone. Im going to be honest: I have not allowed myself to think deeply about the statement I have just made. I cant go there. If I do, I may just hurt someone. Im in denial and Im fine with that because I honestly do not want to feel the pain of what has happened. Matt, however, dove waste deep until the nightmare. For several days he really beat himself about this whole thing - a fact I wasnt quite aware of until recently. Matt has slowly attempted to pick up the pieces and has succeeded in retrieving many of our images . Hooray! Though he really hasnt had the time to sit down and work out all the glitches, he did purchase another hard drive. I am told the images, both retrieved and otherwise, are there.

There have been some crappy by-products from this disaster that, when coupled with the initial problem, are beginning to slowly drive me crazy.

1. I can not synch my ipod. People, I need to make you understand that this distresses me like its nobody's business. We're talking DEFCON 1. It is driving me totally &@!*$ crazy that I cant access my updated music on my ipod. I have not one, but two new This American Life podcast that I cant put on my ipod! I have a new playlist I made for my walks. I cant get it on my ipod. Listen up: If you want to see me angry - put a wall between me and music. Its not pretty. Not pretty at all. I have literally had to step back and count to ten twice today because the heat generating through my body felt like a volcano ready to blow. It felt like I was going to lose control.

2. I also cant seem to upload pictures onto my computer through my card reader. This makes me very angry. Not psycho angry, but angry enough. Normally I would have some pictures to accompany this post BUT I CANT UPLOAD ANY. I dont know why. It worked this weekend. Its not working now. When I stick my card in the reader like I have 1000 times in the past, it doesn't register. I AM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND.

3. Also (and this is something that isnt necessarily related to the rest - it just makes me mad,) Safari sucks! It has begun to not open for me. It will idle for seconds/minutes and not open. I have to force quit it at least once a day. What is that about? When Im dealing with all this other major stuff, I just want to be able to check perezhilton.com without much fuss. Can I do that? Is that possible? Is that too much to ask?

When I am feeling this frustrated reason alludes me. Compassion alludes me. Patience absolutely alludes me. The first thing that comes to my mind is who do I blame.

It cant be me, right?

Happy (or unhappy) Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. Solved some of the problems...iPod working and able to upload pictures. Working on the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand so much of what you've written here. I spend much of my day working on computers and when things don't work properly it is very frustrating.

    I also lost a huge amount of family pictures in a hard drive failure. It happened over a year ago and I still won't allow myself to think about it. The magnitude of the loss would be overwhelming so I pretend that it never happened. Ignorance is bliss, right? :) It comes to the surface every once in a while when I go looking for a picture of my son's 1st birthday or something similar. :(

    I hope your neighbor is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You too Amanda? I could totally relate to what you wrote. I never thought it would happen to us. Ive known so many people who have lost their photos and I never once let myself think that the same could happen to us.

    Thankfully, he's getting them back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I cannot syn my iPod there will be NO running or walking! None! Not until said iPod is in full working order will exercise proceed. It's a major health problem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Matt was able to get your photos back, yikes!!

    I wanted to tell you that I've switched to Google Chrome as my browser. I really like it. Doesn't freeze up like Safari does. And if it does you are only supposed to lose that tab, not the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon - Matt wanted to put that in but I guess my mac is too old. Sounds like I need a new mac if you ask me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And yes Pam.... Im the same. No music, no exercise. Its just the way I roll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just so ya know..its a pinback song. not spoon haha it's called fortress :p

    ReplyDelete