Friday, January 8, 2010

Anyone for Tennis?


Ok... so we didnt play tennis over the Christmas break. Im actually really sucky at tennis, though I do own a racket somewhere. I just like the song by Cream: "Anyone for tennis, woudlnt that be nice?"

Nope, we didnt play tennis over the break, but we did go bowling. What a great time we had! Jennifer and Barry took the week off to spend the days doing activities with Eli. Their days started quite early, while ours (during the holidays) lag behind and a leisurely pace. Jen called in the 10 or 11 o'clock hour and asked if we'd like to join them for bowling. The three of us were still in our pajamas. In fact, I believe Seamus might have just gotten out of bed! Initially, I wanst sure I wanted to rush the kids and go. I wanted to hang with my sister, Barry and Eli, but we rush every morning during the school year. I didnt want to do that on our break. However, I have learned in my ripe 39 years that when someone throws you an opportunity at fun, it should be taken. Ninety-five percent of the time, the effort to go is well worth the time spent enjoying the day with loved ones and/or friends. The boys and I rallyed quickly and met the Paweleks at the Vista Entertainment Center. We were only five minutes late. Woooo hoooo! Im so glad we went. We had a wonderful time.


When we first arrived, I didnt think the adults were going to bowl. Boy was I wrong. I had forgotten how much Jennifer enjoyed bowling. She was quite competitive and good too. In fact, my talented little sister bowled four strikes in a row. She was "en fuego!" Barry was the same. He threw that ball hard and with a crazy cool spin that made the pins bounce all over the place. Im no good at bowling. Ive never really enjoyed it, but being around them and their enthusiasm was contagious. They were so cute together too - enjoying each other and the kids. My sister laughs a lot around Barry. I love seeing her laugh.


I had to include this picture of my sister. Technically its a horrible shot, but look at that score. Look at her expression! She kicked ass! My score, viewed next to the "L," did not even break 100. Ahhhhh, yeah!!!! Are you proud of me, Barb? ;)


When I look at that picture of Jen I smile so big. She was so stoked - full of unbridled spirit. Wouldnt it be cool to feel that way a few times a day? Id love it.
Happy Friday.

2 comments:

  1. The score doesn't mean anything as long as you had fun, and it looks like you all did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an a great picture!!! --maggie

    ReplyDelete