Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Me Gusta! - Handmade Hats and Scarves

I am a cold blooded person and Im not talking metaphorically. I literally feel cold a lot. Summertime is the only time of the year where I feel warm. I have had numerous tests taken at my doctor's and we think it might be due to low blood pressure. We're not sure though. Once it starts getting cold outside, I freeze in my own body. It is not uncommon for me to be seen INSIDE my house with a hat and/or a scarf on. And listen... I live in Southern California. Relatively, it doesnt get cold here. I cant imagine how frigid I would feel in places like Chicago or Buffalo or Ottawa.

Now that the weather is getting colder, I wanted to share some handmade etsy images that have caught my eye. Seeing these items makes me yearn to learn how to knit and crochet. How cool would it be to give gifts each Christmas that I have made? Dama Shan could get a blue scarf. Barry could get a navy and red scarf. Abbey could get a pink one. That would be super cool! My mom can knit and my grandma can crochet, so its kind of in my genes. ha ha I actually have a hook and yarn here in my house at this very moment. Im feeling very inspired right now. Too bad I have so much other stuff to do.

from Dendritic Headwear.

from Lainedesign

from Adornada.

from Pixiebelle

from Babes In a Blanket

from Piquinina

from Lucky In Love Designs.

from One Of Everything.
I have a hat similar to the one above but its lavender instead of blue and green. My Grandma Nena made it for me, like, 10 years ago. I wear it every single year. Doesnt it totally look like something your grandma would make. I (((heart))) it.
Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. You're right about the weather in Ottawa, Lisa : it's very very cold. I too feel the cold a lot. I wish it was always above 20 degrees Celsius but alas. I curtail my activities outside during the winter because I feel the cold so much, even though I have a down coat, really warm boots, hat, mitts and scarf. Still cold. I can feel my toes going rigid with cold, same with my legs, face, arms and ears, etc. I developed hives in my twenties because my body couldn't handle the cold anymore. Still have hives during winter and sometimes when I get out of the shower during the winter ... difference of temperatures gives me hives. Then the parts of my body which have hives burn and get all red. Not nice visually and uncomfortable.

    So I understand perfectly when you say that you wear hat and scarf in your home ... i wear 2-3 layers of clothing and up the heat in our house. I just can't live with frozen feet and hands and body in my own home.

    Did you use your timer to get that fabulous of all 4 of your watching the latest Harry Potter movie ? Such a great pic !

    Danielle in Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle - just reading your message made me cold. I have never broken out in hives. I cant imagine that kind of discomfort. I am going to count my blessings from here on out. :)

    And thanks about the picture. Yes, I took it with timer. Its funny, I kind of didnt like it but Im changing my mind. ha ha

    ReplyDelete