Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Del Mar Fair.... Oops San Diego County Fair


Last week we went to the San Diego County Fair aka the Del Mar Fair. It has become a summer tradition for us to spend a day there and this year practically the entire family came along for the fun. Mom and Dad, Dama Shan, Chris and Miranda and Barry and Eli joined us for several hours of fun, food and general merriment.

Highlights:
- I got my coveted anual photo both picture (see above.) Im not sure the four of us are going to fit in there next year. We were packed pretty tight.
-We solved the problem of having to straddle the big and little kid rides. After dinner, Matt took Seamus to check out the exhibits/big rides (along with Dama Shan, Dama, Papa, Miranda and Chris) and I took Finn to the kids rides (along with Barry and Eli.) Even though we had to split up, the kids were super happy.
-I ate my first Philly Cheesesteak. Yum.
-Dama Shan did not lose her flip flops on the chair lift, nor did Miranda fall off the chair lift.
-Funnel cakes... nuff said.
-We successfully took our June family picture while suspended by the air. Look for it tomorrow. Thanks Mom!
-No one got sunburned or lost or sick.

All in all it was a wonderful day. I feel so grateful that we can enjoy this event every year together. The Del Mar fair is totally a highlight of summer for my family.
Here are the pictures:

These next pictures crack me up. My boys are on the end seats. Those three kids in the middle are no relation to us. When the ride went up both boys were smiling and waving, but the first time it jolted down in a free fall motion Finn's eyeballs popped out of his head. I was happy to get a shot of it. Once the ride was over, we asked Finn how it went fully expecting him to not like it. Guess what, he loved it. :)

The picture below was taken after we got off the chair lift. Both Dama Shan and Miranda were terrified riding that lift, but for some reason I didnt know. I was taking pictures of Miranda and Chris and I kept wondering why Miranda wasnt smiling. Once we got off, Dama Shan told us how she kept her feet pointed up the entire ride because she was terrified they would fall off. I guess we should have told her to wear her tennis shoes.

There was a ride at the kiddieland where you lay on your stomach and feel like you're flying. Eli went on this ride three times! On the third time, he got his dad, Barry, to go on it. The picture I got of them (below, right) was fuzzy, but I cant help but smile when I look at it.


Happy Tuesday. :)

2 comments: