Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Me Gusta! - Knee Socks


When I was young and a student at St. Francis, I wore knee socks with my uniform every single day. It wasnt a fashion statement. It wasnt even a warmth thing. Knee socks were the required sock uniform so I wore them. Period. I never really thought much about them. They were just something I wore with my shoes.

Its been 2 decades since I wore knee socks regularly, but let me tell ya - they're making a comeback! When I was a kid, knee socks were just something I put on my feet. Lately I have discovered how much I like them! First of all, they're so cute. Who knew they came in so many cool colors and designs? I certainly didnt - not until a few months ago anyway. Wearing these brightly colored socks makes me feel positively cheerful! They're a great pick me up when its cold or raining outside. Im especially fond of striped knee socks. When I wear them it makes me feel like Punky Brewster or the Wicked Witch of the West. Under the hem of my plain ol' jeans is a secret Rainbow Brite soul ready to sing. I like that - I like how the socks make me feel!

Mostly, however, I love how warm knee socks keep my legs. You see, I am a naturally cold person - a side effect from having really low blood pressure. Being cold is one of the reasons I love summer so much. Summer is the ONLY time I feel warm. I literally freeze my butt off from October to April. Lately, the knee socks are keeping me nice and toasty. It feels like I have an extra layer of skin under my pants. Who knew that knee socks were actually functional? I honestly had no idea.

Here is a picture of the clean knee socks I presently own. Dont you love them?

Just looking at them makes me smile.
And yes... those legs in the blue knee socks are mine. I was a little reticent to post the picture because my legs arent as nice looking as they used to be. But you know what - Im cool with it. They havent given out on me yet, so I consider myself lucky to have them.

Happy Tuesday. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love 'em! Don't know if you caught my recent post but I actually buy these, cut off the feet part, flip 'em upside down and use them as baby leggings! Where do you find the best ones? I've only gotten them at Target so far but I'm open to other national chains if you have any suggestions! Stay Warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see that, Kelly. Awesome idea.
    Matt got me some awesome ones at Costco last year around Halloween. They are the multi stripe and black and white stripe in the photo. Love them. They're really warm and fit great.
    I get most of mine at Target too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those knee high ! and you look good in your blue ones . i especially love the striped ones ! Love stripes, including in PP ! :)

    ReplyDelete