Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catholic Schools Week

Last week was Catholic Schools Week at St. Francis School. We had Open House, Grandparent's Day, an Art Show and various big projects due. Here is a photo recap.

Open House was on Thursday night. We were excited to be joined by my sister Jennifer's family, my Auntie Lucy and my cousin Nicole's family. Both my sister and my two cousins are thinking of sending their children to St. Francis next year. The idea of all the cousins (there would be 7 of them) being at the same Catholic school makes me smile so big. I dont want to think too much about it because the odds of it happening arent great. Still, I cant help but sneak a few happy thoughts from time to time. What a dream that would be.

Here is Finn showing us some of his work in his classroom. His work was pretty impressive. He had this essay written on the wall about MLK and it made me tear up a bit.


Seamus' artwork. The sarcophagus hanging from the ceiling is the one I talked about in an earlier post.

Here is Elijah and his parents in the kindergarten room.

A close up of my nephew Elijah. Doesnt he look like Finn? When he was a baby I would get comments all the time about how much he looked like his older brother. I didnt have the heart to tell people that Finn wasnt his older brother.

Friday was Grandparents Day. We started the day off with mass and then the kids showed my parents around the school. They also took professional pictures that day. Incidentally, my mother in law, Barb missed Grandparents Day by less than a week. She is here with us now - just got here yesterday. I wish I had known earlier to plan for her to be here to participate in Grandparent's Day. I just didnt see it coming early enough. Im not really good at planning ahead. I will try better next year.


And these last pictures were taken on the way to school one day. Im pretty sure it was Monday morning.


That last picture was taken at a stop light near our house. Literally a half a second after I pushed the shutter release button, Seamus yelled at Finn saying "Finn... your breath stinks! Stop breathing on me!" You can almost see him getting ready to unleash on Finn.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Happy Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures don't always tell the whole story, right ! Regarding Seamus yelling at Finn. I love that your extended family supports your sons. Wish it was the same for my son. My family doesn't understand and is not open to my son's learning difficulties. Sigh. So kudos to your family embracing your sons !

    ReplyDelete