Sunday, January 8, 2012

Girl, Put Your Records On!


When my dad died, I inherited his old vinyl records. Id been saying for the past 20 years that upon Dad's death, I would take his albums. Its kind of weird to think of that now that he's gone. I hadnt expected to be in a position to receive them so soon. The day I brought his records home was difficult for me. I was missing Dad and somehow got in my head that having his records near would make me feel better. It worked. Having his hundreds of albums close has been comforting over these past few months.

For my birthday this year, Matt got me a portable turntable. Ive taken to discovering some of his more obscure records, but today we listened to Led Zeppelin II. Dude... what an amazing album that is! It felt good to see and hear that album spinning in my house. Matt was singing along to every song. He's a huge Zeppelin fan - knows all the songs. The kids were humming from time to time while reading on their kindles/ipads. It felt good; it felt right.

My sister, Jen, will not believe it but there wasnt a scratch on that album. Not one.

It was a Sunday miracle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment