Tuesday, August 16, 2011

On My Mind...



This weekend, I got to spend some much needed time with some old friends. I have been very lucky that way. I have life long friends: people who have seen me grow and still love the person I am. One cool thing about having lifelong friends is that time is not an obstacle - in some ways, its an ally. We can go months (years?) without talking, but when we see each other again its like no time has passed. We fall right back into our familiar groove, but without any discomfort or guilt that time can often create.

I have woefully neglected this blog and instead of apologizing about it and Im going to treat it like an old friend. My life and that of my family has changed profoundly this past year and I think this blog might help me deal with the adjustment. I have really needed a place to put out all the emotions and feelings that seem to daily overwhelm me. Im hoping this blog will be that place.

For now, I leave you a picture of my dad on the Fourth of July. He is constantly on my mind.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, just a little hello. Wanted you to know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Wish we lived lived a bit closer but since we don't I am sending internet hugs to you, Matt and the boys. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. We're all hunkering down and trying to enjoy the time we have. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you guys and praying every day. I know you are grabbing on to every minute and making more wonderful memories. Love the Pic. Heard it was a great party.
    Love You all
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I am thinking about you & all the family. Will keep all of you in my prayers. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just a long time follower of your blog. I have 2 boys also and have always admired your family.
    Not sure what is going on with your Dad, but my thoughts are with all of you!

    ReplyDelete