Monday, November 1, 2010

Its A Harry Potter Halloween!



Halloween this year was all about Harry Potter! There has been only one other year that we have "theme dressed" as a family and it was the year we all donned Lord of the Rings costumes. This year, I got my wish and the four of us dressed as Harry Potter characters. Seamus was Harry Potter (of course,) Finn was Seamus Finnegan (a Gryffindor student,) Matt was a dementor and I was Professor Severus Snape. The boys have been so into the books this year and we are so excited to see the last film coming out later this month. It seemed fitting that we celebrate this holiday in Harry Potter style. I only got one picture of the four of us that wasnt blurry and yucky. Thanks to Miranda for getting this shot.

Matt was quite terrifying in that get up. We got lots of freaky looks from other cars while driving to my cousin's house to meet up with family. Fortunately, Matt didnt scare any kids while trick or treating. The Steelers were playing the Saints on Halloween night and I absolved Matt from having to choose between trick or treating with his kids or watching his beloved Steelers. After a quick group photo, we raided my cousin's neighborhood of its sweets. We stayed out a little longer than normal this year and as a result, raked in tons of candy.

We had plans to meet up with other friends for more Halloween revelry, but didnt make it. The football game was intense and Matt wasnt doing particularly well with how it was playing out. Usually, Matt will only watch Steeler games in his house with other Steeler fans, but this year he had no choice but to begin watching the game with other family members. Im not sure this was working for him so as soon as there was a lull in the game, we jetted back to our house so that Matt could finish watching in the comfort of his own home. I was soooo glad we got home during the fourth quarter because when the Steelers lost 20-10, Matt did not hide his frustration. It was not a pretty sight and I was thankful no one else was around to see his outburst.

On a lighter note, I loved the boys costumes so much this year. They looked so freaking cute! We stopped at the store to pick up some candy before heading over to my cousins house and so many people recognized them with their ties and cloaks. We are definitely dressing up for the The Deathly Hallows, Part 1 movie on November 17th.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Great Costumes! Matt was scary but not as scary as the game. I am glad you brought him home early - I prefer to watch all by myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theme costumes are so fun. You guys look great. I am cracking up at you LIsa!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete