Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gobble, Gobble

The following pictures are from the front of the food line at my family's Thanksgiving feast.

My camera is not taking the best pictures lately, but I situated myself in the kitchen were there was plenty of light. These were the pictures I got.

Thanksgiving this year seemed quieter than normal. Im not sure why, but it was nice. We got together at my Auntie Lucy's house for our regular Thanksgiving meal and I think there were maybe 30 of us. Even though my aunts and mom shoulder most of the heavy cooking, the rest of us chip in with the sides for this gigantic feast. Each year I bring cranberry sauce. Im not sure how I got this dish, but it is my responsibility. Matt makes noodles which is a dish that his mother makes at holiday meals. Noodles are now part of our Thanksgiving meal too. My cousin Nicole has perfected the veggies side dishes. This year in addition to string beans and brussel sprouts (yum!) she made some carrots that were super yummy. My Auntie Mel makes a wonderful jello/blueberry/whip cream concoction that I love. But my most favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal is, and always has been, the stuffing. Usually my Grandma Nena makes an oyster stuffing, but this yearmy Auntie Lucy made this delish version with cranberries and sausage. OMG... just thinking of it makes my mouth water. It was sooooooo good!

Except for the "food cam" I didnt get many pictures this year. However, Miranda's fiance Chris got this great one of the family. Its a little pixely because I took it off facebook. I want this one framed.


Happy Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. You have such a wonderful family - Great Pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of everything! Really like the Family Pic!!

    ReplyDelete