Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh, What A Night!


After spending hours at the track meet last Saturday, Matt put on his Mr. Mom apron and made sure the boys attended two separate birthday parties in two different cities. It was not an easy task, but Matt did it like a pro. Thats my man!

I, on the other hand, escaped Vista and my normal mama duties to meet up with my bff for a few wonderful hours in Los Angeles. Linnea invited me to see a lecture featuring Ira Glass - the creator and narrator of the This American Life podcast. Im a huge fan of the show and havent missed an episode for about 2 or 3 years. Linnea thought it would be fun to hear Ira speak together (shes a fan too) so I jumped at the opportunity to go with her. The traffic was horrible on the way up to LA, but it was worth it. I was so fired up to see/hear Ira speak. I wasnt let down. Ira was great and Linnea's husband Duane hooked us up with fantastic seats for the show. We were in the third row! I know it sounds silly, but Ira looked exactly like his voice - quirky, intelligent and kind of off center. I loved him! The lecture took place in Royce Hall - a gorgeous building on the UCLA campus. I havent been to UCLA/Westwood forever and I couldnt help but think it would be cool to bring the boys there someday. Seamus in particular would love the university vibe.

It was a wonderful evening for me - so adult-like and different from my ordinary life. Thank you so much to Nea and Duane. You both are so generous and kind to me. Love you tons. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh - I would LOVE to do that! TAL is my favorite (have you seen the TAL show? You can download it on iTunes!) What a great friend and great husband. Glad you enjoyed it, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Leap: I had a blast, too! And still thanking The Du for the rocking seats. I loved how Ora finessed the soundboard with such flare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leap Again: I meant Ira, not Ora. That's someone else. I'm just not sure who...

    ReplyDelete