Monday, May 31, 2010

Family Portait 5/10

May's family portrait was taken at Cabrillo National Park this past weekend on Saturday, May 29th:


I recently did a blog post about how the month of May pretty much swallowed me alive. Its been a crazy, hectic month; a blur. Im not super excited to go into more detail about it. I feel like I normally update whats going on with us throughout the month on this blog so for now on Im just going to share the monthly family picture. Thats my favorite part anyway.

I also wanted to quickly comment on how grateful I am that Tara started this family portrait project. I take tons of pictures every month, but before this year I never took pictures of me with my family. I was always the person behind the camera and my subjects were the kids, Matt, our family and friends. I was never in the pictures. How could I be? It wasnt until Tara started this project on her blog that I finally learned how to use the timer on my camera. Ive been shooting with the same camera for 7 years and I am just now feeling confident using that feature . More profoundly, I now identify opportunities to take pictures of the four of us on a regular basis. I never did that before. I never saw those possibilites. But now my eyes are open to this new idea and it feels so right! I actually get excited about the possibilities of a new picture each month. Its been so rewarding.

I feel like all these years Ive been absent in our photographic history, but now Im showing up in our pictures every month. That is waaaaay cool. :)

If you're even slightly interested in this monthly family portrait, Im encouraging you to take the leap. You wont regret it. Check out Tara's blog here for more details.

Happy Sunday, peeps.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lisa! I know! Doesn't it feel so good? I feel the same as you - shocked that I haven't done it before now. It isn't that hard and it is so rewarding.

    I love you to bits my friend. I am so glad we are doing this together.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete