Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Badges? We Dont Need No Stinkin Badges.

We made a quick trip out to Joshua Tree this weekend. It was eventful. I should write more about our weekend, but I have so much on my plate this week. Im finally getting over the cold I brought home with me from the dessert. I really dont like being sick and this cold hit me hard - my second in a month. However, I wanted to quickly post this picture for you.

Seamus, Finn and Eli earned junior ranger badges this weekend! So cute!!! When we entered the park, the ranger asked if I wanted a map and I told him no. I kind of know my way around and figured Id save the pamphlet for someone who really needed it. Upon refusing, the ranger keyed in on the kids and asked "Well, would the kids like a couple Junior Ranger booklets?" The boys and I were stunned. We have been to Jtree dozens of times in the past 10 years and the ranger has never offered Junior Ranger booklets to us. The boys eagerly exclaimed "YES!!!" and then proceeded to spend some time diligently completing the booklet. Both boys confessed that they sort of felt like they were cheating. We've been out to Jtree so much - they knew all the answers without even trying. Actually, I think Seamus got stumped on a word scramble, but other than that our boys were golden. Barry and Eli drove out for the day and with Barry's help Eli completed the booklet too. They were all so proud of their badges. I couldnt resist making them pose with them proudly displayed on their chests.

FYI - Seamus is at 6th grade camp this week. Im trying not to think about it. After all, no news is good news and we've heard nothing so far. Its is quiet without him around and I must admit Im enjoying the calm that has permeated our home in his absence.

Happy Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Proud of all 3 Junior Rangers! Good work, boys!

    ReplyDelete